WHO ARE WE?
The Peterborough Social Planning Council (PSPC) is a community-based, non-profit agency that promotes social justice and a healthy community in both the city and the county through:
- Community Development and Partnerships
- Community Awareness, Public Education and Advocacy
- Social Research, Policy Analysis and Development
- Information and referral services
The PSPC facilitates active, broad-based citizen participation in shaping healthy communities in Peterborough city and county; working with marginalized and other community groups; acts as a catalyst for positive, sustainable social change; and promotes an understanding that social justice is in everyone’s interest.
Our Mission- updated to reflect how PSPC does its business.
Through leadership in research, community development, public education, partnerships and collaboration, the PSPC works to build a strong community.
IDENTIFICATION OF COMMUNITY PRIORITIES:
- Poverty Reduction, homelessness and needs of working poor
- Providing information and referrals to the hardest to serve who fall between the cracks
- Access to health care services: medical, dental and home support
- Working with peer and community advocates
- Engaging members of the marginalized community as leaders
- Public Policy development
- Employment, income security, affordable and supportive housing
- Food and Farming